July 10, 2003

From: "Mitchell"
To: "Abbey"
Subject: goodday sunshine
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 05:18:52 +0000

(before you gag, please know the subject heading is just a song that i have
in my head. "...and the sun is up, i got something i can laugh about....").

so my mom was curious why i was late. i made up a wonderful story about how
rory was crying on the phone and i had to comfort him. immediately
afterwards, i changed the subject to my academic future, which kept her
occupied until we got home. thinking i was out of the clear (or is it "in
the clear"? we will suppose that i am a young deer running from a hunter,
thus, to be "out of the clear" means to be safe [i.e. in a wooded area where
the hunter cannot shoot me]), i suddenly remembered the fact that my kitchen
looked like ground zero. oops. so then i made up a wonderful story about
how i wanted to surprise her with dinner (though this didn't explain the two
dirty dishes and two dirty cups on the kitchen table. luckily she wasn't on
the ball). no questions asked. i even straightened out the bed to make
sure it didn't look used (do all moms have the uncanny ability to make beds
perfectly? or did my father inspire her with his military-trained
bed-making capabilities?). i spent the rest of the day with a smile on my
face (except when i was at the pemby and rory was laughing at my expense),
even during class, which is exceptionally strange.

once again i am conflicted: my parents want me to go to swan river with
them for the weekend. a part of me wants to go (the same part that enjoys
campfires and singing/playing guitar with cousin bertha [her real name...
poor girl]), but i part thinks i should stay in the city, do some homework
and take it easy (though everyone i know will either be at folkfest or at a
cabin, yourself included [sigh]). what is poor mitchell to do (i am really
glad i don't have any 'real' issues like wondering where to get my next meal
or whether an B-1 bomber will drop a laser-guided missile into my mudhut)?
hmmmm. i wouldn't mind seeing you saturday afternoon... ummm. hmmm. give
me your expert advice.

did you think i'd actually care if you told your friends about our hot
affair (giggle... "hot affair")? ha. you could post it on the internet, i
would not mind (in fact, i'd encourage you to do so).
well this is where i say goodnight. if i don't talk to you, have a sweet
time at victoria beach (watch out for bears, especially if you consume
mushrooms... jonny to mitchell, "wait a minute! there are no cars at
victoria beach". ahhh, the good ol' days).

ciao,
mciahle

~if you desire peace of soul and happiness, then believe; if you would be a
disciple of truth, then inquire.~

No comments:

Post a Comment