August 19, 2003

>From: "Abbey"
>To: "Mitchell"
>Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 23:28:38 -0500
>
>Freaky. That is exactly what I was going to ask you to do with me tomorrow
>eve: see that movie. My parents saw it tonight. My dad didn't want to, he
>wanted to go see American Wedding with my mother.
>
>I am suffering. I have been hired as an interpreter (never done that
>before) for meetings between a delegation from the State of Jalisco with
>the Government of Manitoba, etc. I have to go to a bunch of fanzy schmanzy
>dinners, business lunches and power breakfasts and interpret for the
>Education Ministers and it looks like I have to interpret at a couple of
>meetings as well. Who told them I could do it? Not I.
>
>In case you didn't know, Russian uses a different alphabet (it's called
>Cyrillic) than the one we have (the Latin alphabet). My short dialogue was
>written in French francais which you have often pretended to speak. It is
>one of the official languages that exist in a country you may have heard of
>called Canada. In this wonderful land, everyone can communicate in both
>French and English and most of the citizens are also familiar with Cree.
>Anyways, the dialogue dealt with the thoughts of two regular French guys,
>Lucien and Armand, on what a wonderful female named Abbey would or could do
>on Tuesday. They both thought that Mitchell should call her on a device
>called le téléphone, which is not unlike a telephone. The piece was full
>of pathos and bathos but it would be hard for anyone, outside of a good
>bilingual Canadian, that is, to catch the underlying sensitivity and
>spirituality because it was tres (very) subtle.
>
>joyce


From: "Mitchell"
To: "Abbey"
Subject: Re:
Date: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 9:19 AM

19th century russian nobility spoke french. i must have gotten confused.
i awoke this morning and got all ready for my dentist appointment at
10:00am. then my mother (who is not working this week because she had
surgery on the weekend) informed me as i was walking out the door that the
appointment is at 10:30am. god bless her because i wouldn't have wanted to
sit in les rykiss' office for half an hour. les is my dentist. he has
orange hair on his head and his back (which is visible due to his dentist
garb). in fact, his back is so hairy that his shirt rests about an inch
above his skin. les is a nice man despite his appearance.

i wondered aloud to my mother today why i slept so well last night. then
she reminded me of my drunkeness and suggested that the two were related.
it's nice to have someone watching out for me.

its time to go see les.
i'll talk to you later.

respectfully,
israel

~if you desire peace of soul and happiness, then believe; if you would be a
disciple of truth, then inquire.~

-----------------------------------------------------

From: "Mitchell"
To: "Abbey"
Subject: Re:
Date: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 10:48 AM

chuck:

less rye kissing.... clever. no, i haven't ever kissed him. i have
problems with people that have orange hair (usually. there have been
exceptions. did i ever mention that "conscientious-objectors-boy" had
orange hair? yep, another strike against him).

what i learned at the dentist: i can only swallow about two tablespoons of
my own blood before i start feeling nauseas. not a drop more. my dental
hygenist kept cutting my gums with her little poker-thing and saying, "hmmm,
your gums sure are sensitive." i wanted to throttle her. really. i also
wanted to inform her that i could make her gums bleed if i did the same
thing to her. other than that, she was quite nice. the real kicker was
that i thought that i was doing something wrong (with regards to my personal
brushing and flossing) and that's why my gums were bleeding so much. not
so. in fact, les told me that my teeth look good (is he colour-blind?).
but, then again, he probably just wanted to make out. i don't blame him....
i'm a catch. he did tell me that i should probably get my retainer removed.
what do you think?

josh emailed me and said that i sent him the funniest email that he's ever
gotten. i didn't think it was funny at all. he must be bored. he told me
about this nicaraguan bar that he likes to frequent. all tips are sent to
the sandinistas. outrageous. i shall tell you of josh someday.
i'm going to convince my mother to take me to the sweet palace for lunch...

ta ta,
patti

~if you desire peace of soul and happiness, then believe; if you would be a
disciple of truth, then inquire.~









No comments:

Post a Comment