June 29, 2003

From: "Mitchell"
To: "Abbey"
Subject: a fair lady/a weekend to forget
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 02:13:08 +0000

some words:
a fair lady once told me that my eyes are too far apart and my nose is too
short. a compliment masked as an insult? or an insult masked as a
compliment? i cannot decide. i would like to tell her that she could be
more gracious in her approach to human interactions, but at the same time i
find her fumbling to be rather endearing.

a fair lady once asked me if i considered her to be an experiment. i
probably laughed at her suggestion (i do not recall). what i meant to say
was that i am not interested in science. its too apollo-ish for me.
objectivity and truth frighten me. really.

there's a fair lady that i know. i like her, though i feel that she thinks
about things too much (it's not like i should talk, as i have a habit of
analyzing, reanalyzing, and then deconstructuring my analysis). i don't
think that this fair lady should try to read into things too much...i am an
open book (please don't write in my margins).

------------------

a weekend to forget:
after finding myself on an island with (certain) people i have known for
years, i am rather astonished by how little i know about them. what is even
more frightening is that i have discovered that i don't really care to know
much about them. how sad.

god has a (bad) sense of humour: it was pretty miserable all weekend until
i was ready to leave the cabin. then the sun came out.
nothing beats drinking beer in a hot tub, while being naked with some good
friends (the highlight of the weekend).
nothing worse than having these same good friends go home a day early
(saturday rather than sunday) and being left with people you don't know
about/care about.

sometimes i prefer to be left alone (to sit on the dock and contemplate the
cosmos, perhaps?). sometimes people won't leave me alone for more than two
minutes, even if i make a point of quietly sneaking off.

lately, in many aspects, my life has been on a plate for everyone to
examine. i don't really like that too much (it blows my attempt to appear
mysterious [*snickering to myself*] and it serves as ammunition for people
to use against me later [bastards]). this is made doubly worse by the fact
that those who know too much about my personal life are the same
aforementioned ones that i am uninterested in. i must become a recluse.
yes, indeed. this was a weekend to forget.

i hope you are well and that you had a kick-ass weekend (to make up for my
mediocre-to-bad weekend).

regards,
mikhail davidov

p.s. on thursday i had to be in top form for a breakfast date and a lunch
date, and drive out to kenora, all on a mere two and a half hours of sleep.
the moral: Abbey is hazardous to my health.
to hell with morals.
p.p.s. any comments, questions, and/or concerns can be addressed to
kxxxx@hotmail.com. i'd be happy to help you with any problems. thank-you.

~if you desire peace of soul and happiness, then believe; if you would be a
disciple of truth, then inquire.~

No comments:

Post a Comment