June 24, 2003

From: "Mitchell"
To: "Abbey"
Subject: straight-up, no strings attached.
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 05:17:35 +0000

to an often-confused girl, ok, here's the deal. no joking around, no coded 
text, and/or no sneaky metaphors. i promise.

i can't believe how evil freemdoom is. seriously. i imagined that he was
just a poor misguided dog, not a corporate son-of-a-bitch (i jest). i was a
little shocked reading that comic. and i also lost respect for gorgar (even
though he reforms). what is he, some sort of goon (i already know the
answer to this)? a sturm abteilung? may i just say that i am disappointed.
very disappointed. at least manfred von richthofen and snoopy find peace
(though they are certain they'll meet on some other day). how will i sleep
tonight? i'll give your cd back next time i see you (see below).

i like Abbey when she is nice and pats me on the back. it makes me happy
(mitchell's first complete sentences, age 5).

how did the essembly of the table go? i imagined your trials whilst i was
on the boring parts of my tour of the exchange district (which, may i say
was not as bad as i thought it might be).

have you ever seen sam raimi's "army of darkness"? its one of my favorite
movies. it's super funny only because raimi doesn't take it too seriously.
some of the best lines include, "give me some sugar, baby" and "hail the
king, baby".

bob dylan (circa 1963-1967 [i.e. when he was an angry young man]) is super
cool. if "masters of war", "don't think twice, it's alright", and "baby,
let me follow you down" aren't some of the best songs ever, i don't know
what is (are?). (*my mind starts racing*) there's one or two pictures of
bob dylan that i can think of where i'd say he's looking rather handsome.
in every other picture, he's pretty revolting. that (and his crappy-raspy
voice) is/are part of his appeal, i feel. if you're sad that you're not
photogenic, by glad that you aren't bob.

it is incredibly hot in my computer room right now. meat is falling off the
bone.

i leave for rory's cabin on thursday afternoon. i would very much like to
see you before then, if possible (unlike saturday night, Abbey was rather cool
and charming today. she deserves extra dessert or something). may i
suggest either wednesday night (after your class [you do have class, don't
you?]) or thursday morning for breakfast/brunch/lunch? check your (very
busy) schedule and let me know.

i bought a book at the mondragon tonight. my desire: to read the book on
the weekend and appear to be all the more intelligent because of it. my
reality: to have the book sit on my bookshelf untouched, so that
unsuspecting visitors will see it and imagine that i am intelligent (though
i will know the truth). welcome to my world.

adieu et bon soir (or "bon nuit"...? ten years of french education coming
out here. i'm awfully glad it shows), etienne

p.s. les singes dansaient dans la bibliotheque avec les souris. god, help
me! i really should stop while i'm ahead. i only open myself to ridicule.
thankfully Abbey is nice now and won't make fun of me...

~if you desire peace of soul and happiness, then believe; if you would be a
disciple of truth, then inquire.~


--------------------------------------------------------


From: "Mitchell"
To: "Abbey"
Subject: Re: warning: evidence of my madness
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 16:22:59 +0000


"Can I speak to you in person?" this makes me nervous. are you going to 
yell at me?i'll be at the university this afternoon. please be gentle.


~if you desire peace of soul and happiness, then believe; if you would be a
disciple of truth, then inquire.~




No comments:

Post a Comment