August 28, 2003

5:43 – argh!


 wow, i'm in a mood today.  i need something to cheer me up...  hmmm...

i spent nine hours today constructing a desk for my sister (it was
incredibly complex).  she helped me a little.  at one point i asked her to
hold up an unstable board and i proceeded to put in some screws at the other
end.  i moved the board a bit and it fell over.  i looked up to see that my
sister was no longer holding the board as instructed, but was eating some
smarties instead.  she then yelled at me for making it fall!?!.  she's
insane.  she also told me that drew was going to pay me fifty dollars for
the table's construction.  i did some simple math in my head:  nine hours
today plus three hours yesterday for a total of twelve hours to build the
desk.  fifty dollars for twelve hours of work is about $4.16/hour (actually
i used a calculator for this part).  when my sister jess worked at a movie
theatre in alberta in 1992, minimum wage was $4.25/hour.  i'm somehow
feeling cheated.  i'd get paid more in a maquiladora... sigh.  and i only
took fifteen minutes for a lunch break (which consisted of bread cheese and
avocado).  poor, poor mitchell (literally and figuratively).

about a week ago while on the internet, i learned that whistler didn't paint
'american gothic'.  gee, Che, thanks for nothing.

a simple plan: 1) draw picture of freemdoom and scan it or just scan
original picture.  2) purchase iron-on print-friendly paper. 3) purchase a
shirt. 4) print image onto paper. 5) iron paper onto shirt. 7) ignore step
six. 8) show all of the kids on the block your new t-shirt.

i think i may even have some of the special paper.  some years ago, i was
going to make a 'paul is dead' t-shirt using altered beatle cartoon images. 
it was going to be the best shirt ever, then i forgot about it.  i'll take a
look.

maybe you could call me or something.  maybe not.

if i have a massive stroke in the next little while, it is because of my
sister.  i just want someone to know, in case it happens.

good day,
ricardo
~if you desire peace of soul and happiness, then believe; if you would be a
disciple of truth, then inquire.~

No comments:

Post a Comment