November 25, 2003

7:59 am

yeah, i'll be in my office.

gotta run

-----------------------------------------------------------

1:17 pm

i apologize, but you must understand that it was incredibly awkward for me,
too.  i didn't will that situation to arise.  nor did i know how to react
when it did.  as soon as she showed up, i imagined that there was going to
be a soap opera.  i also knew that there was going to be bitchy comments by
both parties involved and that i would have to hear them, even though it
would hurt my feelings.  i'm sorry if my awkwardness made you feel
unimportant - clearly that wasn't my intention.  i don't really know how you
would have liked me to react - maybe you can give me instructions for future
reference.

really, i don't see how you could have imagined that such a scene wouldn't
happen, i mean, it was a very likely event.  besides, i didn't see your
actions as such a big deal.  all you did was ask to speak to me outside.  if
you looked stupid, it was only infront of me, and frankly, i don't really
care.

-----------------------------------------------------------

4:10 pm

do you hate me?  i don't think you should.  speak to me, Abbey, speak to me!!!

mitchell of K.

-----------------------------------------------------------

5:11 pm

i wasn't trying to be grown-up or macho, even if my language suggested i
was.  AND i have never shown you pictures of sokjir ("and this is sokjir,
isn't she great?"), though you may have seen pictures with her in them.

no, you're lovely.

-----------------------------------------------------------

5:22 pm – Re: won’t I see you tonight?


 really, i don't remember what i wrote, besides asking if you were mad at me
(the 'gone with the wind' reference baffled me).

no, i wasn't saying that you should have seen the "dismissal" coming.  i
meant you should have seen the possibility of someday encountering sokjir as
a possibility.  thus, i had hoped that there wouldn't be any need for
awkwardness (how wrong was i?).
i didn't mean to "dismiss" you and i don't really think that i did.  i
wasn't sure where you were taking me and i was waiting for a student, who
showed up when i was talking to you (and had you taken me for a walk around
the bend [for all i knew, you were going to], i would have missed her). 
what's so crazy about that? you, however, are still (and will always be) a
nutbar.

so it goes...

give my regards to your mother,
skippy "the smooth" peanutbutter squirrel

No comments:

Post a Comment